Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, make a donation, apply to work as a volunteer or employee, sign up for our newsletter, communicate with us via a third party social media site, or email or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, address, phone number, payment details, demographic information, information about your employer or school, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use the Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed and your IP address.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access the Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Site and your experience, see which areas and features of the Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Site or our emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you. For example, if you volunteer at a SOLVE event, we might receive your contact information from another agency, organization or group that has partnered with us to organize and host that event.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Site and our programs and services, including SOLVE's volunteer events and trainings;
- Communicate with you about volunteer opportunities, programs, trainings, events, donations and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Process your donations and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Process your inquiries and respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to keep our record updated and accurate; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We will not sell, share or trade our donors' names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by SOLVE, both online and offline, on any Platform ("Platform", includes the SOLVE website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
SOLVE is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With our volunteers who provide administrative support in our office and help coordinate volunteer events and fundraising efforts;
- With other agencies, organizations or groups that partner with us to organize and host volunteer events and trainings;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as processing your donations;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of SOLVE or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, a reorganization or a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our organization; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
SOLVE takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may request that we update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from SOLVE by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as emails confirming your donations to SOLVE.
Become a SOLVE Donor
We rely on supporters like you to help us achieve clean water, stronger communities, and a better future for Oregon.