Team Up For Watershed Health
Standing work days are Saturdays from October - March. Check the volunteer project calendar for upcoming tree planting events!
Throughout the years, human activities have contributed to changes in watersheds all over Oregon. Urban and suburban development has shrunk or eliminated streams, stream corridors and buffers. It has forced polluted runoff directly into streams, and allowed invasive species to take over the landscape. Restoration efforts are critical if fish populations are to recover. Communities throughout the Portland metropolitan area are teaming up to keep the waters flowing!
If we are to make a positive impact on our watersheds and reverse some of these effects, we will need to work together in partnership.
Team Up Goals
- Mobilize community volunteers and other resources
- Make a measurable improvement in watershed health
- Create community partnerships focused on watershed restoration projects
- Provide technical information, training and support
- Educate citizens about watershed restoration
- Create the foundation for long-term stewardship of watersheds
We invite you and your neighbors to become involved in the health of the watershed where you live, where you work or where you play. Team Up has many watershed restoration sites where volunteers can make a difference. Many of these sites are appropriate for large groups: service clubs, non-profit organizations, school classes, business teams, or scout troops. Individuals are welcome, too! Please feel free to call the Team Up staff at any time with your questions or comments.
Team Up Actions
- Plant native trees and shrubs
- Remove invasive plants that take over our stream and river banks
- Help fish by creating places for them to live, eat and hide
- Care for the young plants
- Coordinate volunteer activities
- Lead volunteer groups
- Collect vegetation monitoring data
- Regular work days
Team Up Opportunities
Standing work days are Saturdays from October - March. Check the volunteer project calendar for periodic opportunities this spring and summer!
Projects are Saturday mornings from 9 a.m.-12 p.m., rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for weather. All dates and projects are subject to change so contact us for current information.
Call Steve at 503-844-9571 x318 or email email@example.com for specific locations of the restoration sites.
Spring 2016 Team Up Calendar
Stream Team Captain Event Sign-Up